For several months, Workstories team has been conducting a large-scale study of corporate communications, their specific features in different countries, and the main difficulties that HR and communications managers face every day. We are happy to share the results of the interviews with professionals from different parts of the world.
Most of all, corp comms are concerned about:
- Lack of centralization: there is no unified tool, which creates chaos in communication
- No personalization of content: only 20% of the information is relevant to an employee
- It is impossible to measure the effectiveness of communication campaign
- Too many communication channels: inconsistency and blurred focus
- Lack of interactivity: hard to engage employees and collect their feedback
- No convenient content management system makes it hard to create and store corporate info and media
The way you solve these difficulties not only affects the KPI of the communication managers, but also has its negative impact on performance, as well as on retention rate, which is becoming one of the most important indicators in HR business processes, especially in 2020.